Skip to main content

Eco Swap: Toliet Paper

  Welcome back! So I know I said Saturday again but I moved it forward a day because I had something important come up. So I figured a day early wouldn't be so bad. Sorry again for the early post.

   So as we all know about and use toilet paper and that is why I decided to make this the topic of the Eco swap because it is such a big impact that all of us can change. In fact average Americans use 50 pounds of toilet paper in a year and 57 squares per day. That's 399 squares per week and 1596 squares per month. If you use toilet paper then you should know the cost and how much you destroy the earth don't feel bad though because you have the chance to save it. Right now America's toilet paper sales stand at seven billion rolls per year sold. If we don't do something things could get bad. That's why I encourage you to switch an alternative route than toilet paper. Some of you may be confused when it comes to this topic because well toilet paper dissolves well yes but no. In fact toilet paper can leave a residue of chemicals and toxins behind leading straight to the ocean and sewers which if you didn't realize we are around all the time. So hold up that negative comment.

    Here's a crazy question. What happens to the residue once it evaporates. Well it leave's physical form and enters gas form, Obviously. But this time the gas form contains toxic chemicals that are bad for you. Which leads us to horrible viruses. Okay so i know it sounds fun to start the zombie apocalypse but lets keep the excitement on the down low. I'm obviously joking. But don't take this subject lightly we need to stop the madness and use an alternative. Beyond that we all rub  those chemicals on are body and most of the time it can leave "lint" behind. So showering is important so make sure to shower before you start the switch. So now that we have talked about the effects of toilet paper. Lets begin with alternatives.


Alternatives

Well first off I just want to say congratulations you are still trying you read through all that and I know it's not lot but I am proud for you trying to help. So now I present the alternative. Cloth wipes, some of you might have already heard about it. But for those who haven't it's a great alternative. You can easily make your own or buy some from local shops or Etsy shops as well. I am making my own and probably posting about it next week or later. Now for the pros and cons.

Pros

 .No Chemicals

 .Soft

 .Saves Money

 .Helps the Earth

Cons

.Can be Gross to clean

.Can be Expensive

.Inconvenient to carry around for some

   In total I think it's great all you need when your out is a jacket, purse, bag or some sort of thing to carry it when you go to the bathroom just get your pouch and cloth wipe. Do your business use the cloth wipe and put in a pouch for dirty cloth wipes to be washed later. If you get grossed out by cleaning it up you can use My all purpose cleaner. It's great just spray it on the cloth wipe and soak in the sink for 30 minutes or so. If you want you can put it in a bucket as well and the process can be done with tons of them. If you don't worry about it then just put it in the wash. They can be used for quite some time in fact some people can get 5 years out of theirs. I would like to go more in depth on this topic in the future for sure. I should hopefully be able to put a tutorial up on making your own cloth wipe and maybe even a tutorial on a pouch as well in the deep future.

   I hope that I convinced some of you to switch to cloth wipes. Thanks for reading, Stay tuned for more! Also I will be hosting a Q and A for my blogs 100 views this month so If you have any questions just leave them down below and I will be sure to put them in a later post.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 AM Morning Rountine

Welcome back or welcome! When I started my Reset my Life challenge I went to tackle habits one of them being sleep. I wanted to make sure that I was fully productive and waking up and getting to it always set me upright. I feel that it is important to be productive especially when first waking to starting your morning right. So I First start out by waking up and making my bed getting straight away. I then go to the kitchen and make my green tea. I set out everything the night before. I head to my room and well drinking my green tea I do my morning pages and look at my schedule and goals for the day. Once I am done with that part of my morning I put on my workout clothes and head to the gym. If you want to know my fitness routine Check here. After the gym, I come home to shower and get dressed for the day. Then I start to do my day's work of studying and writing. I know that this post is short but I like to keep things simple. Easy. Yet Productive. I love that in this v...

My Self-care Rountine

   Hello and welcome to this post, I have been really excited to write this post and share my self-care routine. So here is my average to-do list and a few opinions of sort.    I always have my self-care days on Sundays and usually every week but sometimes I need a little extra so I take Saturday as a self-care day too. But Almost every time it's just Sunday.      So The first thing I do is delay my wake-up time from Saturday evening to Sunday morning by 1 hour. So instead of waking up at 5 I will wake up at 6-6:30.         As soon as I wake-up I rip the sheets off my bed and move on to the laundry room where I put my sheets and clothes from the week in. It takes an 1 and 1/2 for washing so I use this time to start the cleaning process. I Go up and wash my face, brush my hair and teeth and put on a face mask if I have one.         Now it's for the tidying portion of the day. I go to my room sort out everything a...

My Reading List for 2019

  Every Year we have these new goals to change and some even making reading goals like how many books they want to read this year. Reading a book a month or even making a reading list like me. This is my Reading list for 2019. 1. The Minimalist House I've heard great things about this book and the concept of a book going into detail with each room specific decluttering is interesting to me. 2. You Are a Badass This book has honestly always enticed me and I've questioned reading it for quite some time but after all the good things I heard about it I really wanted to read it. 3. Big Magic: Creative Living beyond fear I Originally heard about this book on numerous Youtube channels. I am currently reading this one and I 100% recommend it. 4. Rise and Grind When it comes to this book it wasn't initially on my list but I found an amazing deal for the audiobook. Around new years there was a 2 for 1. Don't worry if you didn't catch it though you can sti...