Skip to main content

Eco Swap: Toliet Paper

  Welcome back! So I know I said Saturday again but I moved it forward a day because I had something important come up. So I figured a day early wouldn't be so bad. Sorry again for the early post.

   So as we all know about and use toilet paper and that is why I decided to make this the topic of the Eco swap because it is such a big impact that all of us can change. In fact average Americans use 50 pounds of toilet paper in a year and 57 squares per day. That's 399 squares per week and 1596 squares per month. If you use toilet paper then you should know the cost and how much you destroy the earth don't feel bad though because you have the chance to save it. Right now America's toilet paper sales stand at seven billion rolls per year sold. If we don't do something things could get bad. That's why I encourage you to switch an alternative route than toilet paper. Some of you may be confused when it comes to this topic because well toilet paper dissolves well yes but no. In fact toilet paper can leave a residue of chemicals and toxins behind leading straight to the ocean and sewers which if you didn't realize we are around all the time. So hold up that negative comment.

    Here's a crazy question. What happens to the residue once it evaporates. Well it leave's physical form and enters gas form, Obviously. But this time the gas form contains toxic chemicals that are bad for you. Which leads us to horrible viruses. Okay so i know it sounds fun to start the zombie apocalypse but lets keep the excitement on the down low. I'm obviously joking. But don't take this subject lightly we need to stop the madness and use an alternative. Beyond that we all rub  those chemicals on are body and most of the time it can leave "lint" behind. So showering is important so make sure to shower before you start the switch. So now that we have talked about the effects of toilet paper. Lets begin with alternatives.


Alternatives

Well first off I just want to say congratulations you are still trying you read through all that and I know it's not lot but I am proud for you trying to help. So now I present the alternative. Cloth wipes, some of you might have already heard about it. But for those who haven't it's a great alternative. You can easily make your own or buy some from local shops or Etsy shops as well. I am making my own and probably posting about it next week or later. Now for the pros and cons.

Pros

 .No Chemicals

 .Soft

 .Saves Money

 .Helps the Earth

Cons

.Can be Gross to clean

.Can be Expensive

.Inconvenient to carry around for some

   In total I think it's great all you need when your out is a jacket, purse, bag or some sort of thing to carry it when you go to the bathroom just get your pouch and cloth wipe. Do your business use the cloth wipe and put in a pouch for dirty cloth wipes to be washed later. If you get grossed out by cleaning it up you can use My all purpose cleaner. It's great just spray it on the cloth wipe and soak in the sink for 30 minutes or so. If you want you can put it in a bucket as well and the process can be done with tons of them. If you don't worry about it then just put it in the wash. They can be used for quite some time in fact some people can get 5 years out of theirs. I would like to go more in depth on this topic in the future for sure. I should hopefully be able to put a tutorial up on making your own cloth wipe and maybe even a tutorial on a pouch as well in the deep future.

   I hope that I convinced some of you to switch to cloth wipes. Thanks for reading, Stay tuned for more! Also I will be hosting a Q and A for my blogs 100 views this month so If you have any questions just leave them down below and I will be sure to put them in a later post.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Minimalism is Important to me

         So I myself have talked a little bit about my journey into minimalism at the point. Which if I looked into my life now would be crazy. My closet had exploded with art supplies and I was tired of it so I decided to change. Soon after I got rid of most of it and decided to just dedicate a small space for my craft supplies. I don't use most of it still as much as I would like but it 100% has a purpose. (why I've kept it and tutorial - coming soon).                  Since it was the new year I wanted to get back into my minimalistic ways I decided to get rid of stuff and get things back in order. I separated things the Marie Kondo way and I love it. Now that the Marie Kondo show has come out de-cluttering her way has become almost "trendy". Which I kinda hate in some ways to be honest. I mean 100% I love others de-cluttering and if this does it for you great but I really wish more people had dedicated to before the show. I guess for me it's annoying how it p

Eco Swaps Chemical-Free Cleaners

    Welcome to the first edition of Eco Swaps! I know I said Saturday but I couldn't help myself expect another Eco swap Saturday!     So as we all know that cleaners have harsh chemicals in them that harm you. And that is why I wanted to start off the topic of cleaners. So there are plenty recipes out there. But I personally wanted to share a few that I like or use currently. You can actually buy some too if your not into Making stuff yourself even if its simple. I will provide links at the end of the post. But anyway Cleaners are a must when it comes to being Eco friendly. So lets get Started!  Things needed for the all purpose cleaner . Vinegar . Melalueca Oil A.K.A Tea Tree Oil . Baking soda . Any Scent wanted like citrus 2 Tbs of baking soda 1/2 cup vinegar 2 cups water And 10- 15 drops of tea tree oil or Melalueca Once mixed you'll have a all purpose cleaner! Don't worry about fizzing and foaming up during the mixing process and don't use the clean

Life’s been absolutely crazy.....

        So I wish I could say life’s been treating me well...but I’ve had some really difficult times lately. I won’t go into details but I came to the conclusion that maybe I need some dedication to something I really enjoy doing. To be honest writing this blog is something I really actually enjoy doing yet for some reason I have no actual dedication to anything in my life at all...... I literally suck at the whole pick something and dedicate your time. I’m not going to tell you I’m going to be around now with the same old upload schedule and I will be 100% consistent from this moment forward...... because that has and would be a total utter lie. One that I didn’t even know I was telling the past few times but heads up it was one.            I feel sorta crazy for even thinking about dedicating some of my time to this but I am so *deep breaths* i guess. If  you asked me if I was nervous I would tell you no because this is an opportunity for me that I’m really excited about bu