Skip to main content

5 New Habits To Pick up this year

 With the new year rolling around so quickly people all around the world dream of the actions they will take in the coming year. But with expectations and no determination many will fail. Stay strong with determination and intention you can do anything. so here's my top 5 habits to pick up this year that will change your life and a couple tips to stick to them.

1.Morning pages
Morning pages is a continuous flow of conscious writing. I started doing morning pages about 1 year ago. In my year of doing morning pages I've felt alot more clear minded. all you have to is get a journal and a pen or you could even go digital. I like writing it out on paper because there is no backspace button but it's really up to you.


2.Drinking more waterI know this one is kinda of obvious but it's something I struggle to do even now. It's not that I hate drinking it, in fact I love it. but I just don't think of it. A few things that I do to remember is to place sticky notes in the kitchen. Setting reminders on my digital devices and anytime after I go to the bathroom.

3.Doing more Yoga or Exercising Another very common Resolution is "workout more" or "be healthy". As a generalized tip I would say be more specific with your goals. Don't just go with "workout more" get specific. instead of "workout more" go with "Go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week." It's a simple way to be more intentional with your goals.

4.Meditating
Meditating is another great mindfulness habit that takes sometime to form. When you first start take it slow and by the end of year you'll be able to take a good amount of time everyday to clear your mind and prepare for the day or whatever comes next. There are ton of amazing 

5.Thinking Positively 

Yet another thing I am sure you've heard a million times but thinking positively can be so important for the quality of life. There were moments I felt like I couldn't do something, I was so upset about what had happened. One time I promised to fix my family some lunch. I started by making some matcha tea for me and my mother. The ice machine broke and I had to fix it after I cleaned all the ice off the floor. I finally had cleaned up the ice and then a glass broke. I sat on the floor it wasn't what I wanted to sign up for I felt like curling up on the floor and crying. but I realized all I needed was to think positively upon the situation as much as it sucked and I felt better. Thinking Positively can change everything. So give it a try.


A Few tips to keep in mindNow that you've read what I personally recommend as a starting point for changing the way you live. If you have trouble keeping it going here's my tips. First off if you haven't heard of habit stacking it's amazing. The basic concept is that when you do one task you start down a chain of habits. You slowly build up the habits. Another tip even though you will sound crazy just talk to yourself. It's weird when you start and someone comes in but-. yeah I've got nothing. You could also find an accountability partner to help you stay on track.
Use the fresh start of the new years wisely and
Happy New years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Minimalism is Important to me

         So I myself have talked a little bit about my journey into minimalism at the point. Which if I looked into my life now would be crazy. My closet had exploded with art supplies and I was tired of it so I decided to change. Soon after I got rid of most of it and decided to just dedicate a small space for my craft supplies. I don't use most of it still as much as I would like but it 100% has a purpose. (why I've kept it and tutorial - coming soon).                  Since it was the new year I wanted to get back into my minimalistic ways I decided to get rid of stuff and get things back in order. I separated things the Marie Kondo way and I love it. Now that the Marie Kondo show has come out de-cluttering her way has become almost "trendy". Which I kinda hate in some ways to be honest. I mean 100% I love others de-cluttering and if this does it for you great but I really wish more people had dedicated to before the show. I guess for me it's annoying how it p

Eco Swaps Chemical-Free Cleaners

    Welcome to the first edition of Eco Swaps! I know I said Saturday but I couldn't help myself expect another Eco swap Saturday!     So as we all know that cleaners have harsh chemicals in them that harm you. And that is why I wanted to start off the topic of cleaners. So there are plenty recipes out there. But I personally wanted to share a few that I like or use currently. You can actually buy some too if your not into Making stuff yourself even if its simple. I will provide links at the end of the post. But anyway Cleaners are a must when it comes to being Eco friendly. So lets get Started!  Things needed for the all purpose cleaner . Vinegar . Melalueca Oil A.K.A Tea Tree Oil . Baking soda . Any Scent wanted like citrus 2 Tbs of baking soda 1/2 cup vinegar 2 cups water And 10- 15 drops of tea tree oil or Melalueca Once mixed you'll have a all purpose cleaner! Don't worry about fizzing and foaming up during the mixing process and don't use the clean

Life’s been absolutely crazy.....

        So I wish I could say life’s been treating me well...but I’ve had some really difficult times lately. I won’t go into details but I came to the conclusion that maybe I need some dedication to something I really enjoy doing. To be honest writing this blog is something I really actually enjoy doing yet for some reason I have no actual dedication to anything in my life at all...... I literally suck at the whole pick something and dedicate your time. I’m not going to tell you I’m going to be around now with the same old upload schedule and I will be 100% consistent from this moment forward...... because that has and would be a total utter lie. One that I didn’t even know I was telling the past few times but heads up it was one.            I feel sorta crazy for even thinking about dedicating some of my time to this but I am so *deep breaths* i guess. If  you asked me if I was nervous I would tell you no because this is an opportunity for me that I’m really excited about bu