Skip to main content

Reset Challenge: Habits

       Welcome to the first edition of my Reset Challenge. This week I was trying to update and challenge myself to Fix my habits.

          Now I will say that I could've planned the timing better but I thought just start now. I am currently re-doing my room (wet paint on the walls now). So I've had to sleep on the couch for 4ish nights now. So Hopefully I will get to sleep in my bedroom soon. But It didn't keep me from stopping my habit change goal.

For my habits, I am going with

Reading 10 pages per day
Morning pages every day
Practicing guitar every day
Making the bed
Exercising 6 days

For reading every day I completely and utterly failed. I must've read 3 pages the entire week out of the book but I did listen to about 15 minutes of an Audiobook.

For morning pages I also didn't do that great I wrote Four pages out of Seven. Then again not the worst I could've done

I did great with practicing every day. I played the guitar for 342 minutes this week. I use Yousician to practice and It tracks the time perfectly.

For making the bed every day I did okay. It was more of making the couch instead but when I had my bed I did well. Not perfect but I could have improved. So that's 6 out of 7 days.

Exercising wasn't great. I started so strong but I just didn't finish it that way. I worked out 5 days but It wasn't as good the last day because I just finished half of the ab routine.

I also made it a goal to spend less un-required time for technology. I have to use it for educational and work purposes and I wanted to include the time I spent on tech So that people could see my main flaw in time management. I spent a total of 13 hours on my tech. Now I would like to tell in detail a little more about what I was doing. Not all of it was entertainment (though most are). I spent Seven and a half hours on Netflix, 2 hours on safari, 3 and 1/2 hours on Yousician and 15 minutes on Amazon music and the other time was spent in settings, clock, and the app store.

Now I want to focus on less Netflix time because, to be honest, I tend to just sit around and watch too much of it. The scariest part of this I am about to reveal that I spent 43% less time on tech than last week. I am honestly ashamed about it and that's why I am urging for change.

Though most of my habits were failures I really tried to fix them a bit and they weren't complete failures considering I am 1 step higher into changing then I was before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Minimalism is Important to me

         So I myself have talked a little bit about my journey into minimalism at the point. Which if I looked into my life now would be crazy. My closet had exploded with art supplies and I was tired of it so I decided to change. Soon after I got rid of most of it and decided to just dedicate a small space for my craft supplies. I don't use most of it still as much as I would like but it 100% has a purpose. (why I've kept it and tutorial - coming soon).                  Since it was the new year I wanted to get back into my minimalistic ways I decided to get rid of stuff and get things back in order. I separated things the Marie Kondo way and I love it. Now that the Marie Kondo show has come out de-cluttering her way has become almost "trendy". Which I kinda hate in some ways to be honest. I mean 100% I love others de-cluttering and if this does it for you great but I really wish more people had dedicated to before the show. I guess for me it's annoying how it p

Eco Swaps Chemical-Free Cleaners

    Welcome to the first edition of Eco Swaps! I know I said Saturday but I couldn't help myself expect another Eco swap Saturday!     So as we all know that cleaners have harsh chemicals in them that harm you. And that is why I wanted to start off the topic of cleaners. So there are plenty recipes out there. But I personally wanted to share a few that I like or use currently. You can actually buy some too if your not into Making stuff yourself even if its simple. I will provide links at the end of the post. But anyway Cleaners are a must when it comes to being Eco friendly. So lets get Started!  Things needed for the all purpose cleaner . Vinegar . Melalueca Oil A.K.A Tea Tree Oil . Baking soda . Any Scent wanted like citrus 2 Tbs of baking soda 1/2 cup vinegar 2 cups water And 10- 15 drops of tea tree oil or Melalueca Once mixed you'll have a all purpose cleaner! Don't worry about fizzing and foaming up during the mixing process and don't use the clean

Life’s been absolutely crazy.....

        So I wish I could say life’s been treating me well...but I’ve had some really difficult times lately. I won’t go into details but I came to the conclusion that maybe I need some dedication to something I really enjoy doing. To be honest writing this blog is something I really actually enjoy doing yet for some reason I have no actual dedication to anything in my life at all...... I literally suck at the whole pick something and dedicate your time. I’m not going to tell you I’m going to be around now with the same old upload schedule and I will be 100% consistent from this moment forward...... because that has and would be a total utter lie. One that I didn’t even know I was telling the past few times but heads up it was one.            I feel sorta crazy for even thinking about dedicating some of my time to this but I am so *deep breaths* i guess. If  you asked me if I was nervous I would tell you no because this is an opportunity for me that I’m really excited about bu